Return Policy and Refund Policy
Our products are perishable and due to this we need to have a policy that protects our business and also is fair to you our client.
- If you do not pick up your order, we do not give a refund. If you need it at a later date, you will have to pay for both. We cannot resell any product that is not picked up by the customer.
- Refunds or Credit cannot be issued if you wish to try our products and just don’t care for it, we hope you try something different next time. If you do wish to sample something we have set days that we prepare smaller pieces at no charge; you can call or message us to find out what samples we have.
- Sweet Chatchaya is not responsible for any injuries that may occur due to failure to remove the necessary supports. Damage the product may suffer due to the environmental conditions in which the cake is stored or displayed (location, temperature, weather, etc). An extended period without refrigeration will deteriorate the cake as well as the decorations.
- Color representation when sending photos through Social Media or Phone Messages can vary and due to this it is important to give as much information as possible. For example if you as for a red frosting and it is not the red you wanted, this cannot be returned based on that alone. If the red color needs to match Wisconsin Badgers’ Red and that is not the case, then first a discount would be offered if the cake is taken, then if it needs to be replaced it will be, if you cancel the order a gift card will be issued.
Sweet Chatchaya reserves the right to modify its exchange/return policy at any time.
- Our baked goods have no preservatives. This means if ground shipping is used we cannot guarantee the condition of the baked goods upon arrival. The best options for fresh bakery would be overnight or second day shipping. Although some pies and cookies can easily ship ground and be fine upon arrival, even with delays. We cannot be responsible for staleness/spoilage due to courier shipping delays, or if recipient is not at the delivery location to receive the shipment.
- Delivery costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return delivery will be deducted from your refund.
- Delivery time is from point of order fulfillment, not order placement.
Standard Cake Policy:
- Standard cakes might have a deposit and need to be paid in full upon pick up or day of shipping. We do offer many forms of payment which can include more flexible payment options if needed.
Postponed: If we have not begun your cake then there is no problem, we’ll just move the date. Should your event be canceled and we have not begun your cake, we will provide you with a credit for full amount.
If we already begun your cake, we will be unable to provide a gift card and recommend you donate it to a charity who we know will appreciate it; such as Bo’s Heavenly Clubhouse
Elegant and Wedding Cake Policy:
- Wedding cakes/big reception cakes need to be paid in full no later than one month in advance of the special day.
Postponed: If we have not begun your cake then there is no problem, we’ll just move the date. Should your event be canceled and we have not begun your cake, we will provide you with a credit for full amount. If we already begun your cake, we will be unable to provide a gift card and recommend you donate it to a charity who we know will appreciate it; such as Bo’s Heavenly Clubhouse
Standard Baked Cookies Policy:
- Fresh cookies are baked daily and to make sure they are fresh everyday we prepare raw dough and bake enough for the start of the day and then ask stock declines. We also process online orders and custom orders the day of shipping to ensure the are fresh when they arrive.
- Even though they are baked daily cookies and cookie bars are still perishable and contain no preservatives. If you feel there is a problem with the baking, do not throw it away. Return it to us; if we determine there is a quality deficiency, we will work with you to determine the acceptable solution. In some cases we will offer to fix a mistake, replace cookies, or provide a gift card towards a future purchase. In most cases, a refund will not be given for a product. We retain the right to judge our product quality for ourselves.
- If you do not pick up your order, we do not give a refund. If you need it at a later date, you will have to pay for both. We cannot resell any product that is not picked up by the customer and the product will be discarded after 2 days.
- Due to macarons delicate shell, buttercream, and fruit purees it is recommended to use 1 – 2 day shipping processes. We have many shipping services to choose from. Macarons will not arrive frozen and are totally safe for consumption. We ship Monday through Wednesday to make sure your order is not delayed on the weekend.
- We mainly ship only within the USA, yet we can offer international shipping if requested; but it is not recommended.